Percy Edward Bairstow 3/4 body toby jug produced by Bairstow Manor Pottery of Hanley, England, circa 2008. Percy Edward Bairstow founded P. E. Bairstow & Co pottery at a premises at the junction of Brunswick Street and North Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme. Manufacturing moved a number of times including to William Street, Fenton and the Fancies Fayre Pottery in Shelton around 1954. The factory was renamed Bairstow Manor Pottery in 1979, when Percy's son Roger Bairstow took over the reins, having worked in the family business since leaving school. Bairstow put the ceramics business on hold to serve his country during World War II. He was a member of England's Royal Air Force Bomber Command and he received the Distinguished Flying Cross (DFC) military decoration awarded to officers of the Royal Air Force and other services for "an act or acts of valor, courage or devotion to duty whilst flying in active operations against the enemy".