William Grant liquor container with four oak casks as its handle designed by Graham Tongue produced by Royal Doulton of Burslem, England, in 1986 limited edition of 500 for William Grant & Sons. William Grant (1839 - 1923) was born into a family of strong military tradition. He spent twenty years learning the craft of distilling spirits before building the Glenfiddich Distillery on the River Spey. Today, five generations later, the Grant family still own and manage the company. In this advertising jug commemorating the Distillery's centenary, Grant is depicted wearing his uniform as the Major of the 6th Volunteer Battalion of the Gordon Highlanders. The regimental medallion on his Glengarry cap features a stag's head, the same symbol, which appears on every bottle of whiskey produced by the distillery. The handle is four oak casks.