Squire's Wife faience toby jug produced in a full colorway by Desvres circa 1890. She is the wife of the village Squire whose responsibility was for the smooth operation of the manor house. Squires were gentlemen who usually lived at the village manor house and owned an estate including the village with the villagers being his tenants. This Squire's Wife is a pair with the Squire toby jug. The mark is the intertwined initials CF of Charles Fourmaintraux-Courquin dating the piece between 1863 and 1900.